|The kitchen is closed for the summer. Thank you for your business!!
Dear NDA Families,
In collaboration with Konop Companies, Notre Dame Academy is pleased to announce the implementation of a computerized payment system for food items purchased in the cafeteria. With this new system, families will be able to add money to a student’s account. Using their school-issued identification cards, students will be able to access these funds for items purchased in the NDA cafeteria.
The first day of service for this new system will be Thursday, April 11th, 2013. In preparation for implementation of the new system, we would like to take the time to introduce this system to all families and to describe the upcoming services that will be offered. In the beginning, the lunch lines may be slower, but as the students familiarize themselves with the system, the lines will improve and move much quicker than before.
Every student will have their own personal meal account based on their current student ID number. To use the new payment system, students will need their school-issued student identification card. If students do not have their ID card, they can get a temporary ID card from the Main Office.
Although we will continue to accept cash, we encourage parents to deposit money into the student’s pre-paid account. This will enable the purchasing process to be more efficient and result in shorter wait periods. Funds paid into a student account can only be used for the purchase of items available in the cafeteria, assuring that money is being used to purchase only food items.
There are two ways to add money to a student account:
- Parents can prepay online at www.myschoolbucks.com at any time. There is a transaction fee of $1.95 to add value to an account using the online payment option.
- You can send in cash or checks to the Cafeteria Manager at NDA. Checks are to be made payable to The Konop Companies, Inc. When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s ID# on the face of the check. If you send in cash, the student’s name and ID# please indicate on the face of the envelope.
For additional information, please visit the NDA website. If you have questions about the new system, contact the Main Office or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your patience in implementing this system.
Bob Pauly John Ravizza
FEATURES OF THE COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM
Benefits for Parents and Students
- When the account is prepaid you can be sure that your student is only using that money for food served in our cafeteria.
- Prepaid accounts for all students will allow parents to deposit money in their student’s account, in any amount, at any time, without concerns about giving their student the exact change every morning.
- Lunch lines move faster when meals are prepaid, thus providing students extra time to enjoy their lunch period.
- Parents can pay any amount at any time. Students can prepay Tuesdays from 9-11am at the cafeteria with cash or check, or parents can prepay online at www.myschoolbucks.com at any time. All student ID numbers are confidential.
- Prepayment allows for better security rather than cash.
- Once the transaction has been completed, your student will know his/her account balance.
- Students may use any register. When purchases are recorded at one register, it will automatically be recorded on the other registers.
- When student accounts get low, students will be informed at the register of their balance.
- You can send in prepayment funds on Tuesdays from 9-11am. All monies should be submitted only to the Cafeteria Manager.
- Prepayment can also be made online. Simply go to www.myschoolbucks.com to add value to the student’s account. There is a transaction fee of $1.95 to add value to an account using the online payment option.
- Checks are to be made payable to The Konop Companies, Inc.
- When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s ID# on the face of the check. If you send in cash please indicate the student’s ID# on the face of the envelope.
When will the system become available for use?
The system will become available for use on April 11, 2013
How do I get a card for use to purchase items from the cafeteria?
Your student ID card IS your card! When Checking out, present your card to the cashier and we will scan it and deduct the amount of your purchase from your pre-paid account.
How can I add value to my card?
You can add value to a card online at www.myschoolbucks.com or submit cash payment to the Cafeteria Manager on Tuesday between the hours of 9-11am. The cafeteria manager is only able to accept check or cash as payment.
The methods of payment available online are:
· Credit Card
· Debit Card
· PayPal Account
Online payments carry of a processing fee of $1.95.
What will happen at the end of the school year to any remaining balance on my card?
For returning students, balances can be carried-over to the next school year. For non-returning students and seniors, all funds need to be used before the end of the school year. Unused balances will not be refunded.
Can I transfer money from the card of one child to another?
YES, simply contact the Cafeteria Manager on Tuesday between 9-11am, and they will be able to assist you with your request.
What if my card is lost?
If you lose your student ID card, go the Main Office for a temporary ID card.
Any questions or problems with the system:
· Call the NDA Main Office at (920) 429-6100